Got a new haircut and a pretty dress. Fashioned some of my jewels and crafted a bouquet I crafted with $12 and 5 minutes in Publix.
After 30 minutes of looking, i fetched a winning summer dress at Dress Barn.
My hubs arranged for the bullhorned limo driver, Tank, to pick my mom, BFF and myself to go to the ceremony on Folly Beach.
The ceremony, officiated by PapaE, was completely romantic and unexpected. Hubs took the reigns and orchestrated such a memorable occasion. And here I thought he didn’t care.
The party that followed was rockin. BFF, my mother and many friends pulled together a spread fit for Queens and her youngins.
Hula hoops were a hit. Not a tear shed from the dozen kids that attended. Last guest left before 1030p. The kitchen was spotless by 11p. I was asleep before midnight.
We celebrate 10 years of marriage today. It hasn’t been too difficult. We had a solid base at 21 years old. It’s been constant work. 8 years ago we started our family.
We’ve moved a dozen times even apart for four AWFUL months thanks to the recession. We preserved. Our reunions were fireworks.
After 13 years of being together, I’ve learned some things:
1, don’t go to bed mad bc u will wake up to Incredible Hulk proportions.
2, keep ur finances in check bc even w separate bank accounts, Uncle Sam wants both of u to pay as one
3. Laughs, high fives and the occasional- dare I say it- blowie- can make a day go from lame to awesome fast
4. Kids change EVERYTHING and their presence WILL change your relationship. Be flexible and as patient as you can. We have 3 children under 8.
5. Listen to your gut. It’s right most the time.
6. We spent way too much on first wedding. I didn’t eat anything, my cake was inedible and all I really remember was that it was hot as hell and I was a supreme bitch. I was hungry for months
7. Text fighting is so much better than throwing a lamp (I was a thrower in my early 20s).
8. Communicate!!!! This isn’t Three’s Company. Your misunderstanding will be far less comical than what Jack and Chrissy ever encountered
9. Blowies. Get over it and do it.
and most importantly 10. All u need is love. The Beatles were right. If the money runs out; being a grown up gets overwhelming; the creek rises and your drowning, love is what will save you.
Happy anniversary, baby
I love you still
During my crazy busy week, I shot my first paid gig. 6 hours and a lot of fun. A friend of mine got married on Folly Beach.
Sunset wedding with a laid back feel. Groom wore a button down untucked and shorts. The bride wore a teacup length dress and flip flops(taking notes for my re-wedding June 2012).
I’m extremely proud if the 492 photos I presented to them after 3 days of editing and consolidating from 1100+ photos.
My father’s camera was spectacular! So glad he wanted to upgrade and allow me to have it. I want to shoot more. a couple years ago I shot a ballerina on the beach for her portfolio.
I’m affordable ( CRAZY AFFORDABLE). Price does not include printing. I’ll let you keep all ur photos watermark free.
Holla at ur girl, J
I’m shooting my first wedding in October. Pretty excited. Im going w iPhone, tinyButMighty and a SRL for this sunset wedding on Folly Beach pier.
I will photograph the getting ready and whole thing.
portraits. Candids. Some funky stuff too.
It’ll b fun. My dad gave me my first camera. It’s amazing how things go full circle.